Driving in UKRAINE
Road traffic regulations in Ukraine
We have collected some basic rules of Road traffic regulations in Ukraine.
Take them into account as an overview guide and be aware that they can be changed. In case of having some questions about the regulations governing traffic in Ukraine and abroad please contact Avis representative before leaving the Avis Rental station.
We are doing our best on filling out a new section of our web-site about traveling around Ukraine. There we will share good ideas and advices about best routs. And also you can track of the latest promotions for car rental in our country and in the world
on our Offers page
We wish you safe and exciting travels!
Which Side of the Road?
There is accepted a right-hand traffic In Ukraine, please, stay on the RIGHT -hand side of the road.
It’s important to know:
- It is forbidden to use the means of communication during the movement of a vehicle while holding it in the hand
- The law prohibits the transport of children under 12 years old in vehicles without seat belts and special child restraints. Children over 12 must be fastened with safety belts
- In Kyiv, according to the Parking Act dated from August 2017, parking fee can be paid cashless payment only. There are, underground parking spaces in large cities located in shopping or business centers
- It is forbidden to drive the car in the state of alcohol or other intoxication. It is punishable by penalties.
- Petrol stations operate 24/7. in Ukraine. Calculation is done in cash, fuel cards, credit cards. At all gas stations you will find 80, 92, 95 or Euro gasoline, gas.
- There are installed cameras that record the excess speed on some roads.
For standard car vehicle without a trailer:
- Within the city: 50 km / h.
- On the highway: 130 km / h.
- On suburban roads with separate traffic passes separated by dividing strip: 110 km / h
Please pay attention to the road signs indicating the speed limit change.
Child SafetyAccording to Road traffic regulations in Ukraine, in vehicles equipped with safety belts, transportation of children under 12 years old is possible only with the use of a special retention device (car seat or carriage). A pillow booster or triangle adapter can also be used for these purposes.
The car seat is installed not only in the rear but also in the front seat, but the obligatory condition here being the disconnection of the airbag, which, in the event of activation, can cause significant harm to the child.
Compulsory Equipment in your Avis rental carA set of mandatory equipment, must have in the car to travel around Ukraine, has already been prepared by Avis and is located in each rental car.
Avis branded bag includes:
- First-aid kit
- Emergency stop sign
- Fire extinguisher
- Cable for towing
- Ice scraper
- Electric compressor
- Fire Department
- Emergency Number